Sunday, February 24, 2008

Document Database

Do you have trouble keeping track of and organizing all the research papers
you download and read? Spend more time editing and arranging the
bibliography than actually writing that paper? BibTex entries drive you as
nuts as me ?

Well - there is an good piece of software called the Document Database

http://docdb.sourceforge.net/index.html - that is designed explicitly to
solve this document management nightmare.

However, this one is a bit too much for my needs - all the client-server
architecture and web-interface and what not. Sometime ago, I was looking
over someone's shoulder and they were using a really neat document
management software. It was on a Mac I think. If you know what it was -
please do let me know!

1 comment:

Shantanu Singh said...

I found CiteULike a pretty good way of organizing papers. Its a sort of social bookmarking for researchers. The only problem is that you cannot upload papers. You can do pretty much everything else.

I used to use Jabref too, though I usually prefer online tools for such things.

Calendar